Did you know that Vaseline can also help you prevent and reduce wrinkles? That’s right, although the most popular cosmetic use of this product is to moisturize and repair dry lips, it has also been shown that its composition is excellent to delay the signs of aging and look a more luscious and radiant complexion. It has vitamins A and E and this, coupled with the incredible hydration and moisture it offers, is perfect for retaining water in the skin and preventing it from losing the natural oils that keep it protected from external contaminating and harmful agents.
Benefits of Vaseline for wrinkles
Dry skin is more prone to the appearance of premature wrinkles than other types of skin, since it has a smaller thickness and suffers more from external aggressions that can damage it, such as sun rays, cold, pollution, etc. For this reason, to prevent aging in dry skin, dermatologists recommend the application of moisturizers very often to avoid losing their moisture and elasticity and, therefore, appear lines and wrinkles on the face. And in this, Vaseline can help and much, then in a product that has both moisturizing properties and anti-aging properties.
As the main benefits of Vaseline to fight wrinkles,we can highlight the following:
- Its high molecular weight creates a kind of protective film on the skin of the face that keeps it away from external agents that can make it age quickly.
- It prevents the skin from losing water and becoming dehydrated.
- It maintains the elasticity and firmness of the skin intact for longer.
- It has vitamins A and E, which are excellent for improving the health of the skin, prevent oxidation of the cells that make up the dermis and, therefore, prevent the formation of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- It allows to attenuate and fill the existing wrinkles in the face by stimulating the production of collagen.
How to use Vaseline for facial wrinkles
The best thing is that you acquire a Vaseline that is neutral so as not to irritate the skin, you can find this product in any pharmacy or perfumery.
To use Vaseline for facial wrinkles, it is important that you first wash your face with soap and water and remove it if necessary. Then, you will only have to take a little Vaseline with your finger and apply it directly on the wrinkles or lines of expression that you want to attenuate and erase. Do it by giving small strokes with the fingertips on the skin until the product is completely absorbed. Carry out this treatment every night before going to sleep and you will see how little by little your skin looks more hydrated, young and radiant.
Vaseline mask for wrinkles
In addition to the daily application of this ointment, you can also make a petroleum jelly mask for homemade wrinkles. In this way, you can enhance its anti-aging effects with other natural products that are also ideal for preserving the youth of the skin. Take note of the following recipes:
- Vaseline, wheat germ oil, rose oil: mix 2 tablespoons of Vaseline with 1 small spoonful of wheat germ oil and 1 small spoonful of rose oil in a water bath. Once the Vaseline has completely melted, remove from heat and wait for it to cool. Apply the mask over the areas with wrinkles that you want to treat and let it act for 20 or 30 minutes, approximately.
- Vaseline, egg, honey and olive oil: Melt 2 tablespoons of Vaseline to the water bath, add the yolk of 1 egg, 1 small spoonful of honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix for a few minutes and then when everything is integrated, remove from heat. Once it has cooled, spread the mask over the face and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
How to use petroleum jelly for wrinkles of the eyes
One of the areas of the face that suffers the most signs of the passage of time and in which premature wrinkles may appear is the eye contour. Vaseline is excellent to moisturize this delicate area of the face and promote the production of collagen and elastin, which is essential to avoid the formation of crow’s feet or lines on the skin around the eyes.
If you want to use Vaseline for eye wrinkles, you can perform any of the two treatments shown below:
- Apply a little Vaseline on the eye contour with light touches with the fingertips on the area. Do it before going to bed and let it act all night, the next morning wash your face with plenty of water?
- Mask for wrinkles in the eyes: mix 1 tablespoon of Vaseline, 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply the mask directly on the contour, taking care that it does not enter the inside of the eyes.
In the following article you can see more effective treatments: How to make homemade cream for the eye contour.
Other cosmetic uses of Vaseline
Not only can you take advantage of the properties of Vaseline for wrinkles, because this popular product has many other cosmetic uses that will help you improve your image and your appearance in a very simple and economical way. Take note of the main uses of Vaseline in beauty:
- Moisturize the lips.
- Remove black points.
- Prolong the duration of the perfume.
- Favor the growth of the eyebrows.
- Increase the length and thickness of the eyelashes.
- Strengthen the nails and soften cuticles.
- Nourish and repair dry and damaged hair.
Article Source: Tape Daily